Wednesday, March 27, 2013

25.3.2013

25.3.2013

Another year has gone by,
Another year has begun,
And as I sit remembering all that has gone
And wishing for all that is yet to come,
I am mulling as much as I am musing :
There is still a lot that I have to learn,
A lot that I have to do and I am yet to begin
Too far to go, and I am just beginning
So little time, it seems, to get so much done
And yet it's only a lifetime that I have
And so much of the time that I had has already gone by.

I am standing listening to the wind,
As it whispers into my ears
The love and blessings that life has to offer.

And it tells me to ask,
Because birthdays are special occasions, it tells me,
They are days when the magic of creation, that led to beginning of a new cycle of life, 
Is alive again, Birthdays are days when prayers asked, from the depth of the being are heard
And so, the wind tells me, Ask.

I stand wondering what is it that I could ask,
I am thankful for what I have been given without even having ever asked for,
I do not know how to pray, so instead I shall ask.
And if I have to ask, then Dear life, I ask
To be blessed, with
The love of the man I love, 
The strength to do the best with the gifts that I have been given
The peaceful joy of fulfillment.
I ask for humility, for patience, for kindness, to be more forgiving, more generous, 
And to become a better person than I already am.

Let me forever remain your child, a student of life.
That is all I ask.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

and let thy wish shall be granted,
and let your actions be blessed.

Amen to your post :)

Kyra said...

@ amen

Victoria said...

Kyra, that was beautiful. And, happy birthday!

Blessings,

Victoria

Kyra said...

@Victoria Thank you for the wishes and your blessings :)

Aparna Mudi said...

and i wish you fall in love more with yourself every moment of the day!
Happy birthday

Kyra said...

@aparna Thank u :)

Relyn Lawson said...

Kyra,

I wish for you a year of blessings. May your surprises only be happy ones. May you have more laughter than tears. May you know how much you are loved. Happy birthday.

Kyra said...

@Relyn thank you. That was a lovely blessing :)